Are you a winner? Then join a winning team! Johnstone Supply location in Bakersfield seeks a Territory Manager (TM) to join our team. We are a 35 year old family owned business with a proven track record of growth and innovation. We are looking for dynamic professionals who are focused on helping our customers succeed.
We believe in helping our customers to win. The ultimate goal with each account assigned to the TM will be to establish a consultative relationship targeted towards mutual growth and profitability. The foundation of that relationship should be based on integrity, trust and credibility. Johnstone Supply TMs must have a genuine concern about their customers well being and success.
Job Results and Responsibilities:
Johnstone Supply TMs are responsible for meeting or exceeding established sales and profitability targets. In general, this objective is accomplished through a combination of activities including calling on established dealer customers and establishing new accounts in underperforming areas to ensure all targeted market segments are effectively covered.
- Develop and Assist assigned accounts with business planning, credits and collections, participation in manufacturer programs.
- Demonstrates an understanding of basic HVAC accounting principles and proficiency in company provided tools such as financial management software programs.
- Effectively demonstrates the ability to analyze individual markets in assigned territories to identify sales opportunities and market penetration.
- Understands the dynamics of HVAC distribution such as the benefits of dealer and distributor inventories, logistics of product distribution, etc.
- Utilizes and encourages participation in all sales and marketing programs offered by Johnstone Supply and our partners.
- Maintains direct personal contact with all assigned accounts and responds in a timely (24 hours or less) manner to all request for information, project quotations.
- Serves as a host at dealer meetings, conferences, conventions, incentive trips, factory tours, and all other similar functions.
- Willingly participates as requested in home product shows, utility sponsored events, industry associations, etc.
- Conducts himself in a professional and courteous manner in all aspects of interaction with contractors and consumers.
- When called upon, TMs will assist in resolving customer relations problems with both dealers and end users.
- Has a complete knowledge of all assigned product lines.
- Keeps current on all new product offerings and product changes within assigned product lines.
- Assists in providing sales and product training to key dealership personnel as requested by the customer or Johnstone Supply management.
- Maintains a personal library of sales and technical materials for all assigned product lines.
- Familiarity with competitive HVAC product advantages and disadvantages.
- Provides competitive product, program, and pricing information as requested by Johnstone Supply management.
- Knows what equipment, systems, components and controls are best suited for various residential and light commercial project applications.
- Readily assists assigned accounts in preliminary project inspections and requests for quotations.
- Acts as a liaison between the customer and Johnstone Supply’s engineering, service, warranty administration and credit departments.
Professional Sales Representative
- Effectively presents Johnstone Supply’s products and services and is able to overcome barriers to close the sale.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide solutions to customers needs in a winning fashion.
- Is able to adequately respond to a variety of requests from customers such as sales and marketing assistance, pricing recommendations, etc.
- Accompanies assigned accounts on sales calls to end-users when requested.
- Acts as a resource of ideas to dealers on how to promote and sell assigned product lines.
- Is aware of all merchandising support materials and programs available from the manufacturers of all assigned products.
- Continuously looks for new marketing ideas to bring to dealers.
- Helps dealers establish effective sales and marketing plans to best utilize coop dollars made available to them.
- Participates in the development of Johnstone Supply’s programs and promotions targeted to both the dealer and the end user.
- Sees that all required reports are properly completed and submitted on time
- Has throrough knowledge of dealer floor plan programs, retail credit programs, extended warranties, etc.
- Assists Johnstone Supply in gathering all information required to process applications within the required timeframe.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively use a computer and all software provided by Johnstone Supply and our suppliers. Examples include PowerPoint presentations, manufacturer sales and engineering support programs, etc.
- Committed to checking and responding to electronic messages from the Johnstone Supply assigned accounts in a timely manner (24 hours or less).
- Attends computer skills training programs as required to stay current in computer hardward and software technology.
- Assists dealers to access the Internet as necessary for program participation, registration, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Required: Bachelors degree and minimum of four years sales experience; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred: The above plus 2 years experience as a Territory Manager in the HVAC/R or similar industry.
Job-Specific Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated tenacity in achieving sales goals.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of effective sales strategies and techniques.
- Skill in building long term customer relationships.
- Ability to maintain a positive and friendly demeanor.
- Skill in proactively communicating (both verbal and written) to establish relationships and influence decisions.
- Excellent negotiation and objection countering skills.
- Skill in using critical thought to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills.
- Knowledge of principles and methods of selling products and services.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and CRM software.
- Ability to manage coworker and customer interactions with tact and diplomacy.
- Self motivated
- Displays persistence, with strong drive to succeed.
- Demonstrates Leadership skills and Team Player.
Expected Work Behaviors:
- Keeps the company’s best interest in mind at all times.
- Consistently works to promote company growth while maintaining ethical standards.
- Maintains a professional personal appearance
We are EEO Employer.
Thank you for taking time to review our opportunity, for immediate consideration to join our team click the Apply button above.