Johnstone Supply - Salinas believes that it is our vision to be the partner of choice for the premiere HVAC professionals in Central California. We are a 36 year old family business in our second generation of ownership. We have a proven track record of growth and innovation.
Customer Service Results and Responsibilities:
- Answers incoming telephone calls and greets customers who walk in the store. Handles multiple customers and customer requests simultaneously while maintaining a friendly and professional manner.
- Assists customers in making product selections by asking questions and actively listening to identify customer needs. Assists with system or product troubleshooting and answering technical questions. Identifies alternate or substitute products to meet customer needs.
- Researches and sources product for customers using a variety of tools, including point-of-sale computer system, catalogs, websites, JXI, and industry and store contacts .
- Enters sales orders into point-of-sale computer system for invoicing or cash payments. Processes customer returns and warranties following company guidelines.
- Follows up promptly on all customer requests for information, quotes, alternative parts and delivery dates. Proactively communicates with customers about any expected delays or issues with their order.
- Develops good working relationships and rapport with customers. Greets regular customers by name.
- Maintains the highest standards in cleanliness and appearance of the showroom through stocking shelves, housekeeping, creating displays, etc.
- Solves customer complaints and disputes in a timely, professional manner that balances customer requests with business needs.
- Follows company pricing and credit guidelines
Sales Results and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and issues sales quotes following company guidelines. Follows up on quotes to secure sales.
- Educates customers/prospects re: the variety of products available for sale and the benefits of shopping at Johnstone Supply
- Increases customer satisfaction and store profitability by proactively recommending additional items a customer might need and promotions that might interest them.
- Uncovers and communicates sales lead information to outside sales staff and management.
- Promotes surplus, sale, discounted and obsolete inventory to customers in order to maintain proper inventory levels. Communicates unexpected increases or decreases in product demand and inventory to purchasing or management.
General Results Responsibilities:
- Maintains knowledge of new and existing products and inventory by participating in training, studying Johnstone and industry catalogs and web sites, and seeking knowledge from experienced staff members and factory reps.
- Assists in receiving, shipping and general warehouse duties.
- Is organized and orderly maintaining appropriate records.
- Completes all transactions and necessary paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
Johnstone Supply believes that each employee’s contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, it is expected that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Required: High School Diploma or G.E.D and minimum of two years related experience and/or training in the HVAC/R industry; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred: The above plus 2 years experience as a Sales and Service Associate in the HVAC/R or similar industry.
Job-Specific Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to provide consistent, professional customer service.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain focus while prioritizing the needs of several customers at once.
- Problem-solving skills: listening to, interpreting, and meeting the needs of others; diagnosing and rectifying problems. Demonstrated understanding and application of effective sales strategies and techniques.
- Skill in building long term customer relationships.
- Ability to maintain a positive and friendly demeanor.
- General knowledge of HVACR products, concepts and the industry as a whole.
- Skill in proactively communicating (both verbal and written) to establish mutual respect and understanding.
- Math skills, including ability to: add, subtract, multiply, divide; and calculate margins, discounts and percentages.
- Skill in using point-of-sale computer systems to locate information and process transactions.
- Skill in using web-based tools to research product and information.
- Ability to work productively in teams with a wide range of people.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to follow written instructions and documented procedures.
Expected Work Behaviors:
- Keeps the company’s best interest in mind when considering or addressing issues.
- Dedication to attending work and work-related functions prepared and on time.
- Maintains a professional personal appearance.
Thank you for taking tiem to review our opportunity, for immediate consideration to join our team click the Apply button above.